Saturday, July 25th
The veil of secrecy is slowly being lifted in preparation for our 8th Anniversary, and we’re stoked to finally share the inside scoop on the festivities at one of the three bars running that day.
Today, we’re taking you behind the red velvet to take a peek at The VIP Room at The Upper Lip. Limited to just sixty tickets, entrance grants you a bevy of benefits plus exclusive access to six rare brews so face-melting and brain-busting amazing they deserved their own bar. Designed for patrons who value a less frantic and crowded space to enjoy their beer, we believe that The VIP Room represents our best attempt yet to deliver the cadillac-and-caviar experience for the beer drinking set.
Here’s what your VIP status will grant you:
– Exclusive access to six rare beers that won’t be available at Bailey’s Barrel-Aged Beer Festival (see list below for details).
– Six tokens that can be redeemed for 6 oz pours of any of the beers available at The VIP Room or Bailey’s Barrel-Aged Beer Festival (one of those tokens can be redeemed for a single 3 oz pour of The Bruery Black Tuesday).
– A 22 oz souvenir Bailey’s 8th Anniversary Snifter glass.
– A private space for a limited number of VIP ticket holders at Bailey’s upstairs bar, The Upper Lip.
– Unfettered access to all three bars running that day, including The VIP Room at The Upper Lip, Bailey’s Barrel-Aged Beer Festival and Session Alley.
– 6 oz pours for the same price as 4 oz pours for all barrel-aged beers available downstairs at Bailey’s Barrel-Aged Beer Festival and 22 oz glasses of beer at Session Alley for the same price as 20 oz glasses.
Tickets are just $45 and are available online HERE.
And if you’re not convinced already, take a gander at the six exclusive beers that will only be available to VIP patrons:
Bayerischer Bahnhof Goseator – A double-strength Gose or “Doppelbock Gose” aged in Tequila barrels for six months. 10.5%
Block 15 ’11 Imagine – A Belgian Imperial Stout matured 9 & 21 months in bourbon barrels. 15%**
The Bruery Black Tuesday – A Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout rich with caramel, toasted malt, vanilla, burnt wood and anise. 19.7%****
De Proef/Hair of the Dog ’12 Flanders Fred – a blend of Flanders-sourced lambic with a collaboratively-brewed version of the famous Hair of the Dog Fred. The result is a deep golden ale topped with a creamy off-white head. The nose is complex with notes of lemon, pine, tropical fruits and spice. The palate is rich and layered with toffee, apricot and almond, balanced by some green apple, a hoppy bitterness and barnyard funk. 7.5%
Russian River Consecration – Dark Ale aged in Cabernet Sauvignon barrels from local wineries and aged for 4 to 8 months with black currants, brettanomyces, lactobacillus, and pediococcus. Rich flavors of chocolate truffle, spice, tobacco, currants, and a bit of Cabernet. 10%
Straffe Hendrik ‘13 Heritage – Matured for over a year in oak casks (red wine and cognac), this is a special version of the well-known Straffe Hendrik Quadruple. A rich and intense dark Belgian ale, it is brewed with a subtle blend of specialty malts, which gives the ale an extremely dark color and a chewy, complex malt character. 11%
** In the extremely likely event that Block 15 Imagine kicks early, we have a keg of Cherry Imagine that will replace it.
**** Black Tuesday will be limited to one 3oz pour per VIP patron; if you would rather substitute in a different beer, you will receive a 6oz pour of that beer.
A portion of all proceeds will be donated to New Avenues for Youth.
ABOUT NEW AVENUES FOR YOUTH: Since 1997, New Avenues for Youth has offered programs and services that empower homeless youth to exit street life. New Avenues believes that every young person should have food, shelter, and access to education and job training. New Avenues for Youth’s mission is to work in partnership with the Portland community to prevent youth homelessness and provide homeless and at-risk young people with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives.