Just when you thought you’d never get another chance to pull out those lederhosen, here comes GermanFest!
The extravaganza kicks off at 4 PM this Saturday, April 27th, for general admission (or 2 PM if you managed to get your hands on VIP tickets). There’s no charge to enter the fest, no tickets, no souvenir glasses, and as usual, we’ll be accepting both cash and credit cards. Just drop by anytime between 4:00 PM – 11:30 PM to check out 19 German-style brews concocted by your favorite local Oregon breweries.
This year, we’ve managed to cajole some of our favorite brewers from years past into concocting styles both familiar and off-the-wall unheard of, so whether it’s a Kolsch or a Dinkel (not to be confused with a Dunkel), there will be plenty of options for both Germamateur and Germaster alike. We’ve also reached out to some of Oregon’s newest and most exciting breweries like Worthy, Humble, Falling Sky, and Base Camp to see how their brew kettles stand up to the challenge.
For those who haven’t had a chance to see the full list yet, take a gander and then check back here on Friday for a more complete and detailed description of each brew.
- 10 Barrel Berliner Weisse
- BaseCamp Rauch the Boat
- Block 15 Lemon Gose
- Breakside Kellerbier
- The Commons Pilsner
- Falling Sky Dinkel
- Flat Tail License to Pils Imperial Pilsner
- Gigantic Dark Meddle Vienna Lager
- Heater Allen Rauch Dunkel
- Hopworks Cultivator Doppelbock
- Humble Dusseldorf Rye Alt
- Laurelwood Leatherman Lager Marzen
- Lompoc Spring Bock
- Oakshire Auslaufen Rauchbier
- Occidental Bourbon Barrel Aged Lucubrator Doppelbock
- Silver Moon Back Country Bock
- Upright Gose
- Widmer Brothers Brotha From Anotha Motha Bavarian Hefeweizen
- Worthy Kolsch