Break out the monk’s robe and grab a handful of your favorite adjuncts! On Saturday, November 14th, Bailey’s Taproom will be home to our annual BelgianFest, a celebration of exceptional Belgian-style beers from our favorite Oregon breweries.
As any beer snob worth his candi sugar knows, the gamut of Belgian styles is a veritable who’s who/what’s what of the best in beer. With exceptional esters derived from unique yeast strains, Belgian brews evoke flavors that break the mold and redefine the concept of everyone’s favorite beverage.
We’ll be pouring everything from sessionable white ales to herbal farmhouse beers, puckering sour ales and rich, potent dubbels and tripels, all with the trademark Northwest twist you’d expect from your favorite local breweries.
If your tastebuds have been tweaked, join us during our normal operating hours from noon to midnight for a full day of bounteous Belgian ambrosia. Admission is free and there won’t be any tokens or souvenir glasses to keep track of; you only pay for what you drink!
Here’s the full list of beers to get the salivating started early:
- Agrarian Von Tassel (Cask)- Belgian Blonde w/ 80 lbs of earth oven-roasted pumpkins and served Cask Conditioned; 5.6% ABV
- Block 15 Framboise White– Wild Sour Wit w/ golden raspberries aged in Chardonnay barrels; 8.0% ABV
- Breakside Farmhouse Golden– Tart Saison brewed w/ wheat & blended w/ tarragon-infused sour beer; 5.8% ABV
- Claim 52 Cecile- Belgian Blonde w/ lemongrass, lemon balm & red pepper; 6.4% ABV
- The Commons Tinderbox– Saison w/ smoked tea leaves and juniper & cedar bows; 4.6% ABV
- Crux Better Off Red– Flanders Red aged in Pinot Noir barrels; 7.0% ABV
- Culmination Kriek– Sour w/ cherries aged in a single Pinot Noir barrel; 7.5% ABV
- de Garde Foeder d’Or– Golden Wild Ale w/ rye aged in foeder; 6.0% ABV
- Deschutes The Stoic– Quadrupel w/ beet & date sugars and pomegranate molasses aged in Pinot Noir & Rye Whiskey barrels; 10.9% ABV
- Ecliptic Izar- Belgian Strong Pale Ale aged for one year; 9.5% ABV
- Ex Novo Dubbel Dragon- Dubbel; 8.6% ABV
- Falling Sky Ready to Mingle- Belgian Single; 3.7% ABV
- Fat Head’s Satyr– Belgian Golden Strong Ale aged in Bourbon barrels; 10.0% ABV
- Laurelwood Fall Saison– Saison w/ red wheat, crystal rye & spelt; 6.4% ABV
- Mazama Wizard Island Wit (Nitro)- Witbier poured on Nitrogen; 4.8% ABV
- Oakshire Leftorium– Flanders Red aged in Pinot Noir & Cabernet barrels; 6.7% ABV
- Pelican Queen of Hearts– Saison aged in Gin barrels; 9.0% ABV
- pFriem Flanders Red– Flanders Red aged eighteen months in French Oak barrels; 7.0% ABV
- Pints Plums Two Ways– Dubbel w/ plum puree & cacao nibs aged on Pinot Noir-soaked wood chips; 7.1% ABV
- Santiam Abbey Porter– Belgian Porter aged in Bourbon barrels; 7.0% ABV
- Sunriver Big Willie– Belgian Strong Pale fermented w/ Rochefort Trappist Abbey yeast; 8.8% ABV
- Upright Barrel Aged Six– Belgian Dark Ale w/ poplar bud tincture aged in barleywine & Nocino barrels; 7.3% ABV
- Yachats Oak Aged 10 Mile– Saison barrel fermented in Hungarian Oak Puncheon Barrels; 7.2% ABV
Alcoholic apple lovers need not fear; we will also be serving two special ciders tomorrow:
- Reverend Nat’s Winter Abbey Spice– holiday cider w/ raisins, unrefined cane sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and fermented on oak; 7.4% ABV
- Alpenfire Apocalypso– blackberry cider aged in rum barrels; 6.9% ABV